Bridgend Bridge

Carnegie House History

Bridgend Town Council relocated to the old library building on Wyndham Street in January 2014. The building was erected in 1907 with a grant of £2000 from the Carnegie Trust and to pay tribute to the past, the building has been renamed Carnegie House/Ty Carnegie. The 1st floor of the building accommodates Bridgend Town Council Chamber and staff office, whilst the ground floor and small galleria area on the 1st floor are designated for an Arts and Cultural Hub.