Bridgend Bridge

12th. Century

12th Century

Thus by gift of Maurice de Londres – Lord of Ogmore – in 1141, the church of St. Michael of Ogmore became the beginning of the Benedictine Priory of Ewenny, granted to the Abbey of St. Peter of Gloucester, together with the churches of St. Brides Major, St. Michael of Colwinston and the manor of Lampha.