Remembrance Day Parade and Service
Bridgend’s Remembrance Day Parade and Service will be taking place on Sunday 8 November 2015.
The parade, led by the City of Swansea Pipe Band, will muster outside the Civic Offices, Angel Street from 10.15am.
The parade will make its way to the War Memorial, Dunraven Place for a service conducted by Canon W.R. Hanford at 10.50am where wreath laying will take place.
The Bridgend Male Voice Choir and Lewis-Merthyr Band will be in attendance.
There will also be a short act of Remembrance at the War Memorial, Dunraven Place at 11am on Wednesday 11 November where a two-minute silence will be observed.
Bridgend Town Council
Bridgend Town Council is one of four Town Councils and 16 Community Councils in the County Borough of Bridgend on the southern coastal belt of the Principality.
- Carnegie House Arts and Culture Hub
- Outdoor tasks around Bridgend Town Centre
- Administering the Evergreen Hall in Angel Street
- Making charitable donations
- Town Twinning with towns in Germany and France
- Supporting and financing the annual Cenotaph Service and Armed Forces Day
- Administering five allotment sites (125 plots)
- Maintaining all registered footpaths within the Town Council area
- Supplying street furniture to support BCBC
- Organising Community Skip Schemes to assist in the removal of bulky refuse
- Arranging summer floral displays and numerous small landscaping projects in the Bridgend Town
- Controlling dog fouling with 25 bins throughout the area
- Supporting children’s Play Schemes and equipment upgrades in play areas
- Responsibility for providing all the Christmas Illuminations in Bridgend Town
- Support for various annual street festivals
- Giving 50% of the funding to Bridgend’s Shopmobility Scheme
- Providing funding for additional street cleansing and gum removal
- Providing additional winter grit bins
- Custody of the War Memorial, Randall Memorial, Ruhamah Burial Ground and other features in Town
- Commenting on any Planning Proposals within the Town Council Area
The Town Council is consulted by the County Borough Council regarding all matters within the Town Council area, in particular; planning applications. Members of the council sit on numerous charitable committees and various School Governing Bodies.
The Council’s affairs are administered by an appointed Town Clerk, with the Mayor and Deputy Mayor elected by the town councillors each year.
Carnegie House Arts Centre
Are you a performance or theatre-based artist with a link to Bridgend? Do you want a paid opportunity to present new and original work in Bridgend’s first Arts & Culture Hub? Take a look at our Artist Residencies and Artist Platform events.
Bridgend Town Council, Carnegie House, Wyndham Street, Bridgend, CF31 1EF
Tel: 01656 815757
Office Hours: 9:00 - 1:00 p.m.